Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Ansley Files

   Small excerpt from my WIP...  
    The taste of death lingered patiently at the back of my throat. It was bitter and dry, and I was finding it uncomfortably familiar. I swallowed hard pushing the lump of sickness  farther down, but I knew that it wouldn't take long before I tasted it again.
So I am proud to say that my WIP is back on track. For now I will call it "The Ansley Files" I don't plan on titling it for a while.
I have been so lost. It is hard for me to balance kids, work, cleaning, and friends with finding time to write. I have made a hard decision though. I WILL NOT WRITE AT WORK! I used to love writing in my spare time at work, but I have realized that I obsess over it when I should be concentrating on growing my own business. I do love my job, and I would hate to be distracted from it, or not put my full attention into my WIP as well.
That being said....I have rewritten my first chapter 10 bagillion times and I have finally found the perfect beginning that I have been fantasizing about for months.
Goals:
I would like to write at least 3000 words a night (when the kids are asleep).
If I can at least finish my first draft with 55000 words in the next month I will consider that I major success for myself. With it completely outlined and already started, this shouldn't be a problem...we shall see ;)

HAIR TIP OF THE DAY:
Loreal is one of the largest companies in the beauty world! They own both redken and pureology (which are two of my favorites), and many other companies that you may not know they own.
In this economy I realize that it is sometimes hard to buy the professional beauty products your hair craves. So if you need to buy shampoo or conditioner from Walmart or Target, buy something made by Loreal. It won't be professional quality, but it will be the next best thing. 

4 comments:

  1. Glad you're back on track with your WIP. It sounds intriguing! I hope you have better luck reaching your word goal than I have meeting mine ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I wish you the best of luck on your goals, 3K a night would not be something I could give the strength for but you certainly are giving me some motivation!!

    I loved what you shared of your WiP and the working title so far has me intrigued!!! Best of luck continuing the writing journey!

    I find you from over at Lisa & Laura's place!! Had to stop by for a visit, I love the color purple (your profile pic) feel free to stop by and say hello at my place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen...loved your site! You comment made my morning!

    ReplyDelete